Hostel Tralala is a beautifully restored typical ‘Paisa’ house near the center of Salento. Our hostel offers a comfortable, tranquil, and intimate space at economical prices.
The hostel opened its doors in July 2010 after 6 months of re-constructing and re- everythinging. It’s bright, natural, and modern yet authentic. There is plenty of space to read a book, cook a meal, have a chat with other travelers, or enjoy a sunny day. The focus of Tralala is to create a hostel that is intimate and tranquil and provides all of the little things that a traveler needs to make life on the road more comfortable. The decor is a combination of traditional wooden floors and ceilings, new and funky kitchens and bathrooms and lots of plants.
The living room offers a book exchange, a 32-inch television with cable and DVD and a large collection of movies. All beds come with duvets, white linen, quality mattresses, soft pillows, and a towel for guest use. The showers are always hot and both of our kitchens are well equipped. There´s a supermarket around the corner for those planning to cook.
The patio is a great place to relax, with hammocks, a garden with a sun terrace, free wifi, laundry facilities, and rubber boots for rent. If you like to play poi, you´ll get a free lesson. We also have yoga mats to lend to guests.
Many guests arrive at Hostel Tralala with the intention of staying only a few nights, but a few often turns into more, and many of our guests end up making it to our `Gallery of Honoured Guests´ for those that stay more than 8 nights.
There are four different rooms for guests to choose from.
- Room 1- The dormitory. It’s actually two connected rooms, where 8 people can sleep in 3 bunk beds and 2 singles. Each guest gets a lockable drawer.
- Room 2- A double room with a hippie touch. There’s a built-in cupboard for your belongings. A door opens out on to the patio.
- Room 3- A spacious double room with a desk in case you want to work. You share a shower and bathroom with maximum 2 others.
- Room 4- A double room with a private bathroom. It has a great view like room 3.
Room 1 (the dormitory) and room 2 are located on the ground floor. They both have a big door that leads to the partially covered patio. Room 3 and 4 are located on the first floor, which open up to to the spacious veranda.
What To Do in Salento
Hostel Tralala is perfectly located to:
- explore the incredible Valle de Cocora, with it´s towering wax palm trees
- take a trip on horseback through the stunning countryside to a cascada (waterfall) with a genuine local cowboy
- visit an organic coffee finca, a beautiful and easy walk from the hostel
- be used as a great base to relax, read a book, catch up on sleep, drink coffee, eat chocolate cake, enjoy a sunset beer and watch the world go by.
To get to the Hostel Tralala Salento, stay on the bus until the last stop that will drop you off in front of the little office on the town’s central plaza. Facing the office, walk right about 75 meters. Hostel Tralala Salento is the white/orange building on the left corner in front of the local hospital.
Salento is easily accessible by bus from many destinations.
- 40 minutes from both Armenia and Pereira.
- 2 hours from Manizales.
- 4 hours from Cali.
- 6 hours from Medellin.
- 8 hours from Bogota.
There are also airports in both Armenia and Pereira.
We think Tralala is one of the best places to stay, but don´t take our word for it. Read what some of our previous guests have to say here.
Address: Carrera 7 #6 – 45, Salento – Quindio – Colombia
Phone: 314 850 5543
Email: tralalasalento @ gmail.com
Facebook: Hostel Tralala Salento